There has been limited choice of high back chairs:
• Seats with metal frames, which although inexpensive have non-breathable vinyl coverings and non-clinical foam.
• ‘Fireside chairs’ are attractive, as furniture – but do not address most clinical needs.
• Some healthcare chairs exist, but are non-adjustable and expensive
Prioritising Healthcare Needs
Following extensive discussion with professionals, we’ve designed a range of seats at different price points, which can be selected for the healthcare needs of the user as they evolve.
• All seat cushions have breathable fabric and pressure-relieving foam.
According to the version chosen, this can also be specified for the backrest and armrests.
• A high back chair can make it easier to stand from sitting, while promoting the retention of function.
• Enhanced adjustability for seat height and depth as well as the configuration of the backrest.
• The Acer’s modular design
o increases choice when specifying initial requirements.
o allows the specification to evolve with changing needs.
o The UK-made seat is easy to repair and can be re-used for different clients, reducing the carbon footprint.
• The comfortable design will promote psychological well-being and calm
• The correct seating will reduce carer needs
• The design provides a highly cost-effective solution
Modular design based on simple adjustable frame
Acer - AC1
This is our baseline model.
The seat cushion is covered with breathable fabric and has medium-risk pressure foam.
Acer - AC2
This seat has enhanced protection for the main pressure areas – the seat cushion and arms.
The seat cushion is covered with breathable fabric and has medium-risk pressure foam while the armrests are covered in Dartex and a layer of pressure-relieving foam.
Acer - AC3
NOTE - image shows OPTIONAL side infills
All contact areas are covered in breathable fabric and pressure-relieving foam.
The seat cushion is covered with breathable fabric and has medium-risk pressure foam while the armrests and backrest are covered in Dartex and a layer of pressure-relieving Vasco foam.
Acer - AC4
This seat adds a Dartex, shaped cushion (Vasco foam) to the AC3.
As well as providing an attractive design, this seat cushion can be reversed to provide greater depth adjustability. There is an option order arm infills for a feeling of greater security.
Acer - AC5
NOTE - image shows SEAT BASE but armrests and backrest will also be included in the AC5
If a user is at high risk of pressure problems, this seat is similar to the AC4, but comes with a platform for use with a high-risk pressure cushion, including air-cushions, which can be specified by their healthcare team.
We stock a wide range of products, with over 1000 lines available in the showroom.
Come and TRY out the products to see what suits your needs.
Our friendly highly-trained staff will help you make a choice which is right for you.